Friday 30 March 2018

Disk usage 100% all the time, DQL peaks at >400

I'm having serious issues with my Asus X540-LA lately. The OS is Win10 Home x64 1703. The disk usage seems to be 100% all the time. Usually it's the process I'm using in the foreground which takes up 40-80% of the disk usage even when it's not a demanding program. The list includes Chrome, iTunes, System, Task Manager and even Process Hacker 2 when I have all the other programs terminated. Process Hacker 2 shows high disk usage when trying to access other .exe files (Probably for monitoring?).

Here's a list of what I've tried:

  1. A full malware scan of the PC, not infected. There's not a single anomalous behaviour other than the high DQL which renders my PC unusable (sluggish).
  2. Disabled all background push notifications
  3. Disabled the feature to allow Chrome to work in the background even after closing the program
  4. Disabled the Windows Update service on a startup level
  5. Disabled Superfetch at times, but Superfetch barely causes the problem for me and stopping it didn't do anything
  6. Disabled nearly all the programs from launching upon startup
  7. Disabled all the modern fancy animations, transparency, nothing helped

Here's a screenshot of the DQL on resmon

I've been using the PC for over a year (15 months) now but the problem's been happening since last month.



Submitted March 30, 2018 at 01:16PM by Arg274 https://ift.tt/2pR6Xqc

No comments:

Post a Comment