Friday 30 March 2018

Looking for advice from someone who does IT work in a school

My children came home from school yesterday and said that the kids were accessing Sonic.exe (horror game) and other flash-based horror games.

What I want to know is what policy you would usually have in place in a school to stop kids accessing this stuff? Their IT manager said that they just need to flag it to him and he'll block it...

However, I work in IT. We have one client which is a home for severely abused children. They have a young persons PC and it is so locked down. We use a Watchguard and have white approved websites ONLY. The school, however, said that gaming websites need to be approved so they can access learning websites? Surely a whitelist would be the best option here?

If someone could let me know what policies you have in place at your school. Or if I've posted in the wrong place, I'm sorry.



Submitted March 30, 2018 at 02:27PM by DanTastic_ https://ift.tt/2GXIojl

No comments:

Post a Comment