Thursday 29 March 2018

A program crashed and it broke my monitor.

I have a dual monitor setup. The monitor in question is an Asus VG24QE. The program in question was 'Hydrogen'. A drum machine software which I was running for the first time. The program began to visually glitch out. The monitor went completely white. I restarted the computer and the issue persisted, just on that monitor. Now whenever I turn on the monitor, whether it is connected the the PC or not, I am greeted by a weird purple visual which fades in and out, before the screen whites out again. Here is a picture of the purple visual. The visual itself is not glitchy. It looks like a deliberate design. I don't know if it's part of the monitor software. https://imgur.com/a/kVohX I don't know how a program crashing could effectively write off my monitor. Can anyone help, or just offer an explanation. My other monitor is working perfectly still. Thanks.



Submitted March 29, 2018 at 08:39PM by Pilchardo https://ift.tt/2E2vMEt

No comments:

Post a Comment