Thursday 29 March 2018

Wired Network Running Slow Should Be Gigabit

hey .. i have a home network set up mostly so I can feed videos to my TV.. but also to share files.

I have android boxes at the tvs and a win7 and win10 computer...

the win10 computer has onboard gigabit.. the win7 has a card with gigabit.. the boxes might run at 100mbit..

they all go to one place where i have a 1gigabit switch.. that switch then runs to the room with the win10 computer where I have another gigabit switch which hooks to the internet and the computer and a small nas..

only the win10 computer is running at gigabit speeds to the nas.. the win7 in the other room is not getting gigabit speeds but I think it might get 12MBYTE ps so i am not sure its running at 100mbit speed..

would there be a problem because I am using 2 switches?

where all the rooms connect at the first switch I am only seeing the win10 room showing 100MByte connection.. its a netgear 8port .. i have tried to change ports and its always the same room getting a better connection .. not the port having a problem..

is there a way I can see network errors on the win7 computer to see if i am dropping an amazing amount of packets? i never get into the 15MB + speed in that room on read or write..

I did all the wiring so maybe a cable or a wall jack isn't perfectly crimped idk

any ideas would be helpful..



Submitted March 29, 2018 at 10:17PM by ZippyTheChicken https://ift.tt/2pOAHok

No comments:

Post a Comment