Friday 30 March 2018

Primary & Secondary Monitor Switching Upon System Wake (From Sleep)

Hey everyone! I used to have dual 1080p60 monitors, and after upgrading one of my monitors to 1440p144, I started running into a weird issue. Quick background:
 
Dell S2716DG 1440p144 monitor (on left) is set to "Main Display". Connected via certified DP.
 
BenQ RL2755HM 1080p60 monitor (on right) is secondary screen. Connected via certified HDMI.
 
I play games on the 1440p screen, and I run discord/obs/etc on my 1080p screen. I unlock the task bar and put the taskbar from my primary monitor over to the secondary (so that I can see if my mic is working correctly in discord, check if OBS is recording, etc). Now ever since getting my new monitor, whenever I wake my PC from sleep, the screen will flicker a bit at the lock screen, then I sign in, and my main taskbar is back to my main screen, forcing me to unlock and move over again each and every time.
 
Anyone know how I can fix this from happening every time? Thank you in advance!



Submitted March 30, 2018 at 07:50PM by Venom_Walla https://ift.tt/2uAGGSA

No comments:

Post a Comment