Thursday 29 March 2018

Turning on data roaming on mobile hotspot device requires disconnecting from network. But how do I apply a setting if I'm disconnected? Screenshot attached.

Using a T-Mobile Alcatel Linkzone. I'm trying to turn on Data Roaming. When I check the option box it tells me to disconnect from the network to change wan settings. Obviously, AFAIK, if I disconnect from the network I wont be able to access the settings of the hotspot.

I've hard reset the device and I disconnected and reconnected from the network. It prompted me to update the software which I have done.

I've seen it work before on the Samsung LTE hotpsot a while back. SM-V100T

Even if it makes no sense, can I have confirmation of that to just prove I'm not crazy.

https://i.imgur.com/M6e8w2z.jpg

Edit: further information I previously contacted T-Mobile tech support. TS did not resolve it and transfered me to Alcatel who disconnected me... of course. Internal documents say

Under the 'WAN Connection Mode Settings' heading, check or uncheck. Check here, to connect to the internet in roaming status to turn data roaming on/off.
Click Apply.

Calling back now. pffft



Submitted March 29, 2018 at 11:23PM by BigSchwartzzz https://ift.tt/2GVrVfG

No comments:

Post a Comment