Saturday 31 March 2018

When things get busy in a video game (only ubisoft games possibly?) I lose signal in my monitors and I hear the disconnect sound and am forced to restart computer.

Specs: I5 4690, GTX 780, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD and 3 TB HDD, 805 watt EVGA PSU, ASRock Z97 Mobo

So when things like explosions happen or when I enter a populated area in games like Far Cry 5 and Rainbow Six Siege my computer crashes forcing me to restart. SOEMTIMES the case fans and CPU and GPU fans go 100%, sometimes the computer keeps on idling.

I dont feel like its my GPU or CPU because the temperatures are fine. I tried removing a stick of ram at a time and it still happens. I took my HDD out and installed a game on my SSD and reinstalled windows and it still happens. I get a string of error codes on my mobo when I restart it and from what I can gather it points towards hard drive issues. I know my SSD isnt overheating because I have all my case sides off and air moving in there, I havent tried booting from another drive because I dont want to format my HDD because its got so much shit on it.

So end of the day I feel like its my motherboard because it has the control of my fans and the inputs. I havent tried plugging the GPU into the mobo because at idle the computer is fine. Windows and GPU drivers are up to date. I tried running on just one monitor, two, and three monitors at a time.

If anyone has even heard of this type of crash before I'd appreciate any insight because black screen and 100% case fans seems pretty unique. Thanks.

I think I missed a 66 towards the end but here is the mobo error code thing: 4f 62 9d 99 a2



Submitted April 01, 2018 at 06:12AM by hailnicolascage https://ift.tt/2IjFDs2

No comments:

Post a Comment