Tuesday 27 February 2018

Windows 10 Fall Creator's update disables... this select quirk (side note: what is this called?)

So to run a long story short Fall Creator's update ruins one incredibly tiny but important to me feature that drives me up a wall with its removal to the point of almost ruining this laptop. The ability to select things in list view with the selection box essentially by the length of file name. That is to say, when multi-selecting, items with longer filenames will be selected, and shorter filenames will not, when using a box to select things. I've attached an image below of what I mean. My question is: on the latest version of Windows 10, is there any way, third party or otherwise, to re-enable this behavior? It's literally the only thing stopping me from keeping windows update on.

As a side note, I know this behavior has a name as I've searched it up before but I can't for the life of me remember what that name is. If anyone here knows, I'd love to know so I can do my own digging if things fall up short.

https://i.imgur.com/498r2fB.png

Note that only certain items are selected, whereas in the windows 10 fall creator's update it treats the entire line as the bounding box for selecting things, rather than the physical length of the filename. Seems minor, I know, but I use it so much that I can't work without it.



Submitted February 27, 2018 at 04:00PM by BlueLeaff http://ift.tt/2GMOQZb

No comments:

Post a Comment