Wednesday 1 November 2017

Can my ISP block my access to my router? Is there anyway to get around this?

Operating System

Windows 10

Model of modem, router, or other devices

My ISP: Vast communications Router: Hitron Technologies Model CGNM

IP Configuration

When the issue began

Since Install

Recurring issue

Yes

Date of purchase

N/A

Description of problem

So I recently had to Port Forward my router for a set of IP cameras that I bought, however when attempting to login into my router I was denied access!

Cause/Steps to recreate the issue

Login into my router using chrome, firefox, IE browser to private IP 192.168.0.1Picture of attempted loginshttps://imgur.com/a/2pcDz

What I've tried so far to resolve the issue

I thought this was maybe caused by the ISP changing the default admin password upon installation, so i attempted a hard reboot on my router hoping to factory reset the username and password... no luck With my next attempt I thought that maybe the ISP was pushing a firmware update as soon and the router was "online" so i tried a factory restart with out the coaxial cable screwed in the back... no luck! (All Attempts were using Private IPs and though browsers) Is it possible for a ISP to do this? Are they blocking MAC addresses, local IP connection or i'm I missing something? How can i get around this if possible?



Submitted November 01, 2017 at 12:47PM by Outsidetheboxxx http://ift.tt/2z5yVFk

No comments:

Post a Comment