Wednesday 16 May 2018

Bought a 1080 graphics card. Need help finding out if I got screwed out of my money

Bought a GTX GeForce 1080 off offerup. Guy showed me it "working" prior to buying it. However after installing the device in my tower (along with my 970) it briefly works.

Anytime I run a benchmark like 3D mark, or play a game, it will run for a couple minutes, then I'll hear a "device disconnected" sound, and everything goes black on both my monitors. Computer continues to run, but plugging my hdmi into my 970 or my DVI into onboard graphics, I get nothing. I'm forced to manual restart the computer.

After restarting like that, it takes a couple of reboots until the computer gets passed my motherboards "please wait" screen.

I'm at work but will provide as much information as possible until I'm home and can give more information.

Does this sound like an issue with the graphics card, or with my computer? Thanks in advance.



Submitted May 16, 2018 at 10:54PM by Squeezitgirdle https://ift.tt/2IOuhjN

No comments:

Post a Comment