Thursday 17 May 2018

Question for those who have upgraded to 1803

So I recently upgraded my pc to the newest 1803 update, but noticed a strange issue that caused my data drives to dissappear from the built in defragment and optimize program. Now I like to keep on top of this as I have quite a large amount of storage, so for me this was an issue as I could now only see my SSD and not the RAID setup.

So I decided that it was best to reset, and then try again in case something just went wrong. This still produced the same result.

So I decided to take the more drastic option and wipe literally everything and start all over again. Just in case it was somthing weird on the current install. Sadly however this has still not worked. I just wondered if anyone else has encountered this? The drives still work perfectly, disk management finds them, the SMART readings are fine, sfc/scannow doesn't find any issues and an error check done when restarting the pc couldn't find anything wrong.

I know it's a minor thing but I just don't understand how it's gone. I've even forced the services to run on boot and they don't find it. Yet if I use a third party program, they will work no problem. The only thing is I'd rather not use this, as some can be a bit funny with SSDs, and tbh I like the windows one.

Thanks all!



Submitted May 17, 2018 at 06:11PM by AlexE_193 https://ift.tt/2rPRS9b

No comments:

Post a Comment