Our September Pixel Drop is here with an updated Pixel VIP widget, expanded chat Scam Detection, and more. by via News from Google
Computer only recognises harddrive if booting goes into BIOS first?
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Bit of a bizarre one here.
Last year I transplanted my rig into a new case - for the first week or so, everything was perfectly fine.
However, since then, I noticed that if I ever turned my computer off or restarted it - it would fail to find the harddrive with my windows installation on it upon booting. "What the fuck?!" I would exclaim, so I'd reboot again and go into BIOS...
When in BIOS, I can see it listed. I can see the boot priority, the whole nine yards. If I then exit BIOS with a good ol 'exit without saving any changes', it will then reboot and boot into windows perfectly fine.
tl;dr computer only boots if going via bios to make it recognise the hard drive, otherwise, no boot.
I have absolutely zero idea where to start.
Submitted May 18, 2018 at 02:27PM by Hypohamish https://ift.tt/2Kx6qCA
Popular posts from this blog
Supporting 10 indie game studios in Latin America
NotebookLM is adding a new way to share your own notebooks publicly.
10 Web Stories, and what's great about them
Web Stories are a new content format on the web, so we’re all learning together what works and what doesn’t when it comes to creating them. To help web creators develop a sense of what makes a story great, we’re kicking off a series to share tips and ideas from high-quality Web Stories we’ve discovered in the wild. Watch the above episode of our YouTube series “Storytime” for this first batch of stories, read it as Web Story on your phone, or scroll on if you prefer reading. The tablet-friendly high adrenaline story Ford's Mustang Mach-E 1400 Prototype makes a Tesla look like a toy by INPUT Not only does this story turn it to 11 from the very start through smart use of video and a super streamlined font, it’s also a great example of a responsive story—that is, a story that works just as well on tablets and desktop as on mobile. The video-first completely bonkers jet set story Would You Try This Jet Suit? By Seeker Many of the best...
Comments
Post a Comment