Friday 18 May 2018

Computer only recognises harddrive if booting goes into BIOS first?

Bit of a bizarre one here.

Last year I transplanted my rig into a new case - for the first week or so, everything was perfectly fine.

However, since then, I noticed that if I ever turned my computer off or restarted it - it would fail to find the harddrive with my windows installation on it upon booting. "What the fuck?!" I would exclaim, so I'd reboot again and go into BIOS...

When in BIOS, I can see it listed. I can see the boot priority, the whole nine yards. If I then exit BIOS with a good ol 'exit without saving any changes', it will then reboot and boot into windows perfectly fine.

tl;dr computer only boots if going via bios to make it recognise the hard drive, otherwise, no boot.

I have absolutely zero idea where to start.



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 02:27PM by Hypohamish https://ift.tt/2Kx6qCA

No comments:

Post a Comment