Thursday 17 May 2018

Laptop charging problems

I'd like to get my paperweight gaming laptop up and running again. It's an ASUS G74Sx and needs a new DC jack as well as a charger.

A lot of the chargers I am seeing are over $50 which seems kind of steep, but maybe I'm just being unrealistic. I originally had a 150w charger but forums recommend going for a 180w, which I've not seen listed with compatibility for my laptop:

150w

180w

I'm also noticing a lot of these DC jacks turn out to be "fake" or not compatible. Here are a few of the ones I'm looking at:

Amazon

eBay

DCpowerjacks.net

The one on Amazon looks promising. Anything to be concerned about?

Any help finding what I need (and cheap) would be appreciated. Also I'm Canadian so I can't get much of anything from eBay.com (which has likely the best selection).



Submitted May 17, 2018 at 01:37PM by littlespedve https://ift.tt/2L4bT4F

No comments:

Post a Comment