Thursday 17 May 2018

Three port ethernet wall jack only has one working port

Hey all, kind of a weird question here. As the title says I have a three port ethernet wall jack (looks exactly like this here) and only one (top left to be specific) actually works. When I say works I mean when I plug an ethernet cable into the other two none of my devices recognize it has an ethernet cable plugged into it and therefore have no internet connection. When plugged into the working one they all instantly have one.

My room does not have an ethernet hook up and wifi is not working too well for gaming on my PS4 so I decided to run a "ghetto" line from the living room to my room only to discover that only the one works. It wouldn't be a problem if that one that works wasn't being used for our DIRECTV situation.

What could be the reasoning behind this? Any ideas as to how to fix this? My internet company is pretty non helpful without paying a $150 "diagnostic fee" plus whatever repair may have to be done to it so I figured I would come ask here first.

Thanks in advance!



Submitted May 17, 2018 at 07:07PM by CockyNurse https://ift.tt/2rOl9BT

No comments:

Post a Comment