Wednesday 16 May 2018

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise after reset? Plus activation popup?

So my PC was originally Windows 8 Pro, and when the 10 upgrade came, I received Windows 10 Pro. After a couple years, I had some problems with BSODs, so I decided to do a full reset/reinstall of Windows + wiping my drives. I've done multiple resets in the past, but in my latest reset (5/14/18), during the setup I noticed I wasn't able to sign in to my personal Microsoft account. The only options were to either use a school/work email address or set up a local account. I picked local, and was able to sign into my Microsoft account later. Now, on the bottom right of my desktop is line of text that simply says: "Windows 10 Enterprise." Occasionally a settings menu would popup telling me to go to settings to activate Windows, but the settings tab it leads me to is completely blank.

What happened? Is this normal? How do I solve the activation message issue?



Submitted May 16, 2018 at 11:25PM by _cryoneKo https://ift.tt/2rObbjh

No comments:

Post a Comment