Wednesday 16 May 2018

TeamViewer randomly downloaded to my PC, have I been hacked?

Was browsing YouTube for a bit, went down to get dinner and when I came back up I found team viewer in my downloads, it was only the installer so I deleted it but still changed my passwords just in case. In my history I checked that it was downloaded about half an hour after I left my computer, and about 20 minutes before I came back so I certainly didn't accidentally click something and assumed malicious intent. Only thing I don't get is if hackers had access to my PC, why did they download teamviewer if they already seemed to have control of the PC, also how do I stop this from happening and is there any way that my PC could have been comprised that allowed his to happen, I haven't downloaded anything recently so is there a logical explanation to how this occurred and how I could prevent it?



Submitted May 17, 2018 at 01:30AM by Worf12345 https://ift.tt/2IrJKTx

No comments:

Post a Comment