Friday 18 May 2018

Want to empty Oracle 10g Express Database to free up all the memory and get a fresh start.

Hello tech wizards

I am using Primavera P6 v8.3 for project scheduling

I've been having a series of issues with memory management that shouldn't really be happening as the size of the files i'm using shouldn't really be approaching the 4g capacity of 10g express.

The memory issues have been preventing me from copying/deleting/creating projects etc and the errors are getting frustrating. This morning it kept me from logging in altogether so I went to the database homepage and google-fu'd enough memory space to log in and backup my files.

All of my relevant files are backed up and all I really want to do is erase all the memory from my database without destroying the database itself so all I have to do is import my projects back into the database and hit the ground running. the last thing I want to do is reconfigure a new database because it's unnecessarily difficult with this software for someone who isn't the best at, you know, database configuring.

So basically I just want to free up all the memory and start again, i just don't know what to do.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Oracle Primavera P6 V8.3 on Windows 10 using Oracle 10g Express Database



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 07:23PM by Backpacks_Got_Jets https://ift.tt/2ITNfpq

No comments:

Post a Comment