Friday 18 May 2018

How to turn off Default Controller functions in Windows 10?

So, for context: I like using JoyToKey for a lot of web browsing. When I'm watching youtube, or reading a book, I want to scroll with my controller instead of sit up and use the mouse/keyboard.

By default (ie: without JoyToKey), the controller interacts with certain menus of Windows 10. So, when I go to Music, pressing left and right navigates my songs, while pressing A changes the playing song; when using 'windows'+tab to navigate my various windows, pressing left moves left, or right moves right.

My problem is this: I can't use JoyToKey to interact with certain parts of Windows 10, because when I do the bits of it that already do stuff also act. So if I press windows-tab and press the left button, JoyToKey registers it as 'left', but so does Windows 10, so I end up moving twice and opening the wrong window. Or if I'm listening to music and move the analog stick down (the analog stick being my mouse), the music rewinds, because Windows 10 registers me as pressing a reset button or something.

Is there any way to disable all default controller functions entirely, so I can use JoyToKey without worry? Is this even a Windows 10 problem, or am I mis-attributing this issue?

(PS: all steam settings regarding controllers are off, and windows does this stuff even with Steam off, so that isn't the issue. Ease of Access won't help afaik - it's mostly just keyboard configuration or mouse configuration, or otherwise unrelated. The only controller settings I found relate to calibration, which isn't quite what I want.)



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 02:26PM by bobbananaville https://ift.tt/2IThE7i

No comments:

Post a Comment