Friday 18 May 2018

Connecting IDE HDD through IDE/SATA to USB adapter, IDE not showing up in DiskMgmt

I am trying to install FreeHDBoot on a Maxtor 6Y120P harddrive, it is connected through IDE-to-USB to my laptop. It is powered by an AC Adapter that came with it, model# SY-002-5-12. Jumper is set to Master as well.

My problem is that the I can hear the drive spinning, but cannot see the drive in DiskMgmt, nor on WINHIIP(the tool for formatting to PS2 Boot drive).

What can I do to troubleshoot and pinpoint the cause of this issue?

edit: just tried using another harddrive to see if it could possibly be a cable issue, and this hard drive will also spin but not show up on disk mgmt(Albeit this is a MUCH older harddrive, Seagate ST351A/X lol.)



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 11:25PM by technoob991 https://ift.tt/2rPGoDG

No comments:

Post a Comment