Friday 18 May 2018

GPU clocks drop to abysmal values

Hello everybody,

I need your opinion on something.

I used to have a gtx670 but lately I had constant freezes in games and even when idle paired with "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" errors. Mu temps were fine and memory looks fine. I also formatted my machine but the problems remained.

I assumed that the problem is with my GPU so I unburied my old gtx 285 card to test. At the first glance with 285 the system is more stable. No freezes or BSODs. Occasionally I notice a huge frame drop, that was only solved after a reboot.

I used some monitoring tools and today, when in game, I got "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." and after that my FPS were once again terrible.

What I saw in the monitor is that my GPUs clocks were dramatically down and were staying there no matter what. As expected a reboot fixed it.

https://imgur.com/EC0nQ4h

On the left side of the picture above, my normal speed. On the right side, the speed when the problem occurred.

Am I right to suspect the PSU? I got a fairly old silverstone strider.



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 12:41PM by kalamarosoupitsa https://ift.tt/2Iq93cC

No comments:

Post a Comment