Friday 18 May 2018

Internet says “connected/good” everywhere (even in router settings) but I can’t access the internet...

Have to post from my phone since it’s the only way I can currently access the internet, please keep that in mind.

I live in an apartment, and for the last year (or more) my internet has worked just fine. Ethernet from the wall, into my router, 2nd Ethernet from the router into my PC. No modem required for my apt complex. This has always worked.

I leave for a few days, come back and shit has hit the fan. Never had this issue. Everything says I’m connected to the internet, but I can’t actually connect to the internet whatsoever. When I hover my mouse over the network icon in the bottom right corner of my desktop by the clock (Windows 10) it says “Internet access.” My router login page says “Internet status: Good.” Troubleshooter finds no issues because it’s “connected” and “working” (even though it’s not). It says my WiFi is working too - but it’s not. I can connect to the WiFi on my devices (such as my phone) but still, no internet.

My DNS server for the last year or so has been Google’s (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and it worked just fine. I’ve tried setting that to automatic, tried setting it to 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1 (from that Linus video a few months back, just to try), back to automatic, back to Google, etc. Nothing.

I’ve flushed the DNS.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Ethernet software or whatever some YouTube video with an Indian guy told me to do.

Tried netsh int ip reset

I’ve tried a LOT in the command prompt

It’s not an area outage - I’ve experienced that before and it has some different symptoms, plus this has lasted much longer than a “typical” outage in my area.

Please help, I’m at a total loss of what to do right now to fix this... thank you.



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 07:29PM by Enszourous https://ift.tt/2rS8Oge

No comments:

Post a Comment