Friday 18 May 2018

Installed used CPU, now PC immediately shuts off after powering on

I have a Z97 Anniversary MOBO and a G3258. I decided to get a used i5 4690k from eBay and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU fan to later over clock the CPU and keep it cool.

Took the PC apart, disconnected everything, carefully removed the old CPU, put the new one in making sure to now touch either the top or the bottom of the CPU, put some arctic silver on the CPU before installing the CPU fan according to the instructions that came with the box. When I plugged everything back in and tried to power it on, it shut off about a second after I pressed the power button. The fans start spinning but obviously turn off when the computer shuts off.

Not sure where to go from here. Is the CPU bad? Did I not connect something properly? If I could get some assistance/guidance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 01:34PM by retop56 https://ift.tt/2wSorJp

No comments:

Post a Comment