Friday 18 May 2018

Computer won't boot sometimes

First time poster here, please excuse my formatting. There will be a tl;dr at the bottom.

Hey everyone. I have had this problem for the past 2 months or so and it has gotten worse. The first time I had the problem was when I installed my cpu cooler with three new fans. The computer booted up properly and I had no issues (ran temp tests and things and no problems, everything was normal). However, the first time I shut it down and tried to turn it back on, it would constantly turn on run the fans for 4 seconds and my GPU lights and mobo lights and then turn off, then try to boot again. This happened three times and then it turned on.

The next time I turned it off was around a week later. I had no issues with it while it was on but when it turned off it had the same problem. This time it took around 7 restarts. I looked up the issue and most people said it was a faulty power supply that was probably going to fail me. So I borrowed a power supply. Even with the new tested power supply I am having the same issue. It turns on, lights and fans turn on, and then it turns off and restarts again.

Also, the computer has no problem restarting if it is already on but only has problems when it turns off because it cant turn back on. The last time I turned it on successfully, it took around 25 minutes of it cycling restart.

Things I have tried: Switching RAM positions or removing RAM or using different RAM sticks.

Waiting up to an hour for it to turn on while cycling restarts.

Trying a different power source (took to a friend's house) and also a different power supply.

Tried resetting CMOS battery by taking it out and waiting a min before putting it back in.

I have also tried removing the GPU and tried using onboard graphics to test if it was that. The only thing I have not tried is removing the CPU Cooler and replacing it. I have tried replacing the thermal paste on it though. However, since the computer boots up at really low temperatures (28 deg C) and doesn't run hot (highest CPU hit was 59 deg C).

Computer Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI

CPU: i5-4690k (Never OC'd)

Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080TI

PSU OLD: EVGA NEX 650W 80+ Gold

PSU NEW: CORSAIR AX760 Platinum

RAM: 8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2133MHz (2x4GB)

Old CPU Cooler before problems: Corsair H90

Current CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Case: NZXT Source 530

Couple SSDs, Couple of Hard drives

Total of 6 case fans (two on the radiator for NZXT cooler, two on the bottom of case, one behind the cpu and one in the front of my case.

Please help me, thanks!

tl;dr: Computer specs are above in a list. My computer has no problems staying on and operating at high intensity (gaming/mining). It only has problems turning on from being completely off.

Edit: Spacing



Submitted May 18, 2018 at 10:14PM by Areeb325 https://ift.tt/2rRUZhJ

No comments:

Post a Comment