Friday 29 September 2017

Who should I refer people to for tech support?

I work as an IT support technician for a hospital, and per one of our many policies we are not to be assisting our customers with support issues outside of work. I had a physician contact me the other day regarding setting up a personal router at home. I iterated to him that I was unfortunately not allowed to assist (it's call a no-moonlighting clause), but I was wondering who I could refer him to for support. Off the top of my head, I could only think of directing him to the Geek Squad at Best Buy, but I am unsure if they are even able to assist. What do you suggest be done in this situation? I still want to be able to at least provide some guidance.



Submitted September 29, 2017 at 07:38PM by Rocklobster92 http://ift.tt/2fw5Oj3

No comments:

Post a Comment