Friday 29 September 2017

Using 2 dual sticks of different brand RAM

Hey, so I've been playing PUBG recently and doing more Like editting and my PC's been complaining about running out of RAM. So I looked into it and decided to buy a cheap, offbrand new stick of RAM from China, same bus speed and size (4GB) plus a year of warrenty. Put it in and my games keep freezing, like they just stop responding and sound keeps playing until I ctrl-alt-del which fixes it (PUBG just crashes, like 5 times a game).

Tried swapping it for one of my old sticks, same happened.

Would this be due to faulty RAM or it trying to make all 3 sticks work together with possibly different timings / voltages and messing up with that? I can buy another of the same model, which would put it into dual channel mode again I think? What's my best bet?

Cheers



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 04:20AM by RetepWorm http://ift.tt/2xE4uVV

No comments:

Post a Comment