Saturday 30 September 2017

Entire network drops when wifi extenders are disconnected

My home network consists of an ISP modem connected to an Airport Extreme base station, which serves as my wifi hub.

I have two Airport Expresses hardwired with CAT6 to the Extreme and set to extend the range of the wireless network. (Due to the construction materials and layout of the house, I cannot use them wirelessly to extend the network) Last weekend, wanting to increase the speed for my PS4, I unplugged one of the Express cables and hooked up my PS4. It worked fine for a few days, but now every time I unhook either of the Express cables, my entire wireless network loses its internet connection.

Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening, and how to best configure this network to allow me to hotswap one of the Expresses with my PS4 without pissing off my wife?? Thanks!

Quick screenshot of what my AirPort Utility shows when it's all up and running



Submitted October 01, 2017 at 12:03AM by kancego http://ift.tt/2xR5hlX

No comments:

Post a Comment