Saturday 30 September 2017

How do you make windows 10 home boot to the login screen?? (...I KNOW RIGHT?)

Let me specify, because when trying to google any information I find everything but what im looking for. I have a desktop that I (the owner) have that I make available to a roomate. So I have my password protected user, and create another user that has no password. Everytime I now reboot the system, it automatically logs into the user that does not have a password, but I want the system to stay at the login screen on boot regardless!

I feel this should be a common sense feature to have as this was implemented long ago before. I have ran 'control userpasswords2', and checked the box titled 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.'

Under advance in the User Account window, I try to access 'Advanced', which takes you to localusermanager but the dialouge in the main window says 'This snapin may not be used with this edition of windows 10' So shit.

I have also tried simply entering a blank password in the create a password box but i guess windows thinks its pretty clever.

I simply see no option in the basic control panel either. Why is this so difficult! This is also my first time owning a windows 10 machine, but im not inadequate with operating systems..



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 10:17PM by jackbkmp http://ift.tt/2x5yzct

No comments:

Post a Comment