Saturday 30 September 2017

Steam will only update and download games in safe mode.

I've tried a number of things, DNS settings, pinged my router to check if its dying. Downloaded steam on my girlfriends laptop (have the same issue there) turned off the firewall, done a complete reinstall of windows.

None of these things have resolved the issue, in fact the only thing thats worked is safe mode which seems to completely resolve the issue, however I'm in safe mode which is not ideal.

When downloading a game it just shows as 0Mb/s when not in safe mode and nothing happens. If steam needs to update it reads "Fatal error, please check your Internet connection" or something similar.

I assume, as it only works in safe mode and the same issue occurs on my girlfriends laptop, thats its down to windows and their latest update as i still have the latest update after a fresh install and my girlfriends computer also has the same version installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 06:46PM by NumpteyMan http://ift.tt/2xNHqU2

No comments:

Post a Comment