Friday 29 September 2017

Windows 10 constantly getting corrupted.

I have reformatted my computer 10 times total over the course of a year because my install of windows is CONSTANTLY becoming corrupted. I'm really confused because all I ever use this computer for is Reddit, League of Legends, PUBG, and YouTube. I do not go on sketchy websites and even if I do stream NFL/NBA games with their bajillion ads and overlays, I have uBlock Origin and Windows Defender on to prevent sketch ads from messing my computer up. Yet, in the course of two or three months, my installation of League will become corrupt, the game will try to repair itself, and when I try out "SFC /Scannow" in the CMD prompt, it tells me, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Here are the factors I've considered as problematic and what I've done to try and "fix" these problems:

  1. Maybe the outlet I'm using provides dirty power. So I bought a UPS with pure sinewave (Cyberpower GX1325u) to try and fix it. Corrupted.
  2. Maybe all those automatic Windows Updates were causing this issue. So I turned Windows Update off. Corrupted.
  3. I thought my SSD (OCZ Arc 100) was the problem. Bought a new HDD (WD Black 1TB). Corrupted. Tried SSD again. Corrupted. Went back to HDD. Corrupted. Tried installing Win 10 on SSD and back it up on HDD. SSD corrupted. Tried restoring image from HDD onto the SSD... But it did not work.
  4. Tested my RAM (Cheap Crucial DDR4 2x4GB) with MemTest86+. Testing was inconsistent because it didn't always provide errors, but I got an error once and decided the RAM might be problematic. Or maybe the overclock was the problem? Turned off RAM OC. Corrupted. Thought maybe the RAM itself was the problem, so I decided to upgrade. Went from i3-6100 -> Ryzen 1600, new mobo, new RAM. Corrupted.
  5. I thought maybe the USB I was using to install Win10 was corrupt/messed up. So I downloaded the ISO fresh from Microsoft and made a new Win10 install tool. Corrupted.
  6. I have tried the DISM commands. Does not work. I have tried System Restore, does not work.

Somebody. Please. Save me.



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 07:58AM by RaveOnSRV http://ift.tt/2x3Dfok

No comments:

Post a Comment