Friday 29 September 2017

Woke up to my PC no longer detecting my GPU.

I thought I had my first problem with the R9 390 GPU I bought nearly 2 years ago. I pulled it out, cleaned and examined it, and reinstalled to see if anything changed. Nothing looked out of the ordinary physically on the GPU, but the PC still did not detect it. The fans were not running on the GPU, either, so I assumed the card must have burnt out. I went out and picked up a new GPU and installed it. I powered up the PC and the new GPU lit up and fans spun. Went to check the monitor and didn't get any picture. Checked the GPU again and the fans were no longer spinning, but the GPU logo was still lit up. Restarted the PC, but with the monitor connected to integrated motherboard graphics to see if the GPU is being detected. It was not. I've tried reinstalling the GPU in the other PCI-E slot and had the same result. Could my motherboard be the culprit here? I'm using an Asrock Z77 OC Formula with an i5-3570k. The new GPU I tried installing is a GTX 1070.



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 02:57AM by xtripzx http://ift.tt/2fEdVxt

No comments:

Post a Comment