Friday 29 September 2017

New laptop. Track pad just started freaking out.

I suspect, but I don't know for sure, this is because I wiped down the trackpad with a paper towel.

I just got this in June. Acer Aspire V 15 Touch VN7-572TG-775T running Windows 10. It's been behaving up til now.

The track pad just started acting up a few minutes ago. It will be hyposensitive, hypersensitive, misinterpret my input (e.g. perform a 3-finger command for a 2-finger gesture), stutter (e.g. the cursor will refuse to move past a certain latitude on the screen), select things I didn't (intend to) select, etc.

I have tried restarting. I am currently taking advantage of the touch screen capabilities, although obviously this is sub-optimal. Sometimes it will seem to be back to normal, but then resume misbehaving.

Is this static buildup in the track pad? Is this a virus? How do I fix this?



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 01:15AM by raendrop http://ift.tt/2fygU7e

No comments:

Post a Comment