Saturday 30 September 2017

Two pc issues and questions

Okay so first, my 2nd harddrive randomly spins up with no activity. At first it was steam accessing a game that wasn't linked to steam(not sure why), but I changed the name of the folder it was accessing and it stopped but it keeps spinning up with nothing accessing it. Happens like every 40 minutes or so(never timed it, just a guess) and resource monitor shows no other programs accessing the 2nd drive and there is no disk activity on the graph. Oddly on the storage tab on the disk tab it keeps showing my 2nd drive active for 0.02 seconds or so every second or so even when the harddrive doesn't seem to be spinning. Not sure if this has been happening the entire time and just randomly noticed or if it just started at some point. Main drive is an SSD, with a 1TB HDD for storage and games.

I looked around online and seems only stuff I can find about the issue was it being the main drive or caused by creators update and windows 10, but I have windows 7. I don't torrent or go to shady sites either, so don't see it being a virus or anything(I only go on youtube, reddit and imgur pretty much). Is this some kind of windows bug or something? Because it's getting annoying hearing my drive randomly spin up while watching stuff on youtube or laying in bed, plus it's wear on my drive since it's spinning up every 30-40 minutes or so.

And 2nd question, does anyone know a fix for the corrupted cursor bug? My cursor shows up like this, seems only way to temp fix it is to use Magnifier(which adds some input lag, and cursor gets laggy after awhile) or to totally restart my computer or put it into sleep mode and wake it back up. Restart/sleep fixes it for a short while but comes back after a random amount of time(as far as I know, seems to only show up when im in chrome), and magnifier set to 100% brings back the cursor but adds some input lag and the cursor gets laggy after awhile(clicking on magnifier and minimizing it again seems to fix that, but still) and cursor doesn't show up in games.

Looked around online and people said it was an AMD issue but then people said it happened on Nvidia, then saw people say it was windows but then people say it's been an issue on Linux, so I have totally no idea what is causing the issue and how to fix it...

Does anyone know how to fix either of those issues? Because they're getting really annoying :/ Tried asking on steam about the cursor issue, but I was just told to wipe and reinstall everything, do a virus scan, and to disable some setting in chrome(hardware acceleration I think) which i've tried two of. I've barely just got everything reinstalled on my pc(and still don't have all my games installed), not gonna wipe everything and start all over again, but seems to be the first thing people on steam recommend.



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 12:44PM by SammyStoner117 http://ift.tt/2xNcvY2

No comments:

Post a Comment