Friday 29 September 2017

Logitech G27 (W10) No Wheel Response

Hi guys, I was hoping to unwind in front of my PC and play Project Cars 2 with my G27.

The G27 had other ideas, however.

Firstly, I am getting a green blinking light at the shifter, and initially the wheel does move upon initial configuration, but only very slightly.

I have completely removed every reference to the wheel, any software (using Wheelcleaner), and removed and updated drivers. I have pulled it apart to visually/mechanically inspect, but saw nothing untoward on either the PCB or wiring.

I replaced the power supply completely with a $50AU brand newy, but no change.

Even in calibration using Logitech profiler and the game controller dialog, all buttons and pedals register input, but the wheel itself does not.

Running out of patience here, and I have heard that out of warranty, there isn't much I can do.

I read that the optical sensor can 'go bad', but I fail to see how this can happen with the wheel just sitting around for months after working the last time. I will pull apart again to have a look later tonight though.

Please help, what else can I try?

Related, but probably not relevant at this stage, but the Logitech profiler software does show a DFGT not a G27 in the main image and I have watched THAT YouTube guide on how to fix, but made no difference....

Edit: this video https://youtu.be/SV0kYPRLboE



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 04:25AM by evil_as_skeletor http://ift.tt/2xDLxmp

No comments:

Post a Comment