Saturday 30 September 2017

Variable/Adjustable Voltage From Power Source & Question about Universal Chargers (w/ Images)

I ordered a used DVR recording box from ebay and the owner sent an incompatible used LAPTOP charger with it and says that it has worked for him without problems. (for how long I have no clue)

Pictures of the volt/amp specs on both Here: http://ift.tt/2xIOZMi

The Issue that I have is that the adaptor puts out 19v, but the DVR accepts only 6vdc

I'm aware of the fact that the Voltage provided by the power source may vary a little from the max output, but would it be dangerous either to myself or the device to run it with this large of a voltage (and possibly amperage) disparity?

Would this power brick even if its not from the same manufacturer only provide the exact about of draw needed to keep the device powered on but not push out more wattage than the DVR needs?

I guess I would just like to know if there's a high risk of breaking this device after a month because I know it will work for a little bit, but extended use is probably not recommended right?

Alternativelty I happent o have a universal 19.5v laptop charger which I know will provide the proper power to the device but would it work better than what was given to me or about the same?

So many more questions, but I want to stay focused so that I can get precise answers.

Thanks all for your knowledge and expertise!



Submitted October 01, 2017 at 11:55AM by cyberdoodle http://ift.tt/2yPLz8f

No comments:

Post a Comment