Friday 29 September 2017

New windows 10 pro, updated and ready to head to client. However, the Disable Startmenu Suggestions Option is not found?

I work for a computer management and repair, roughly 11 people, depending on the tasks.

We've setup more computers than I recall. Though I don't normally work on bench anymore, as I'm mostly onsite more often due to increase work, I was asked to assist the bench due to the main guy being out.

One of our steps to curve the annoyances of windows 10, is to clear the startmenu of the bloatware, including the suggested apps listing. However, referring to the image below, the option to disable suggested apps in the window that appears, is not there. On my work computer it is still there.

http://ift.tt/2fxLMo6

Both the client and my computers are up to date. Both windows 10 pro. The only difference with the client's computer, it had a file transfer from windows 7 to 10. Client is not a company, just a home user, so no domain. To my knowledge, the client has no special GPOs.



Submitted September 29, 2017 at 08:12PM by LigerXT5 http://ift.tt/2x1MZPV

No comments:

Post a Comment