Sunday 31 December 2017

Windows update (Fall creators update) keeps failing with error [0x8007001F]

My mom's Toshiba laptop. Windows 10 Home Edition

Already checked/Tried:

  • 120GB free disk space (setuperr.log nags about not enough space)
  • Ran windows update problem solver
  • Ran 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'
  • Renamed C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder to SoftwareDistribution.old
  • Tried to update with USB-stick created by Media Creation Tool. This gives me the same error

Virus scanner is Windows Defender

It tries to auto-update multiple times a week. I also tried to block the update but that seems not to be possible. (I don’t care if I have to wait to the next big update, I do care about Windows making me wait multiple times a week to try for an update that fails every time)

Logfile: setuperr.log

Does anyone of you know how to tackle this problem?



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 06:55PM by torriethecat http://ift.tt/2zT2OVN

No comments:

Post a Comment