Sunday 31 December 2017

Windows 10: Alternate User Profile signing in

I have a Windows 10 computer with two profiles--One for work, one for everything else. Recently, I'll sign into one and after I'm done, I'll go to sign off / shut down. When I do, I get the error that other users are logged in, and I discover that the "other" profile (the opposite of whichever one I actually signed into) is indeed signed on. I have witnessed this on both profiles. Both profiles have passwords. I am at a loss, but it certainly doesn't seem good. This is the first time I ever tried to Google a tech question and couldn't even find it discussed. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I have done minimal troubleshooting because I've never encountered anything remotely similar. I sign out of profile x and sign into profile y, sign out of it, and return to profile x. When I do, sometimes profile y is signed in again, sometimes not. No pattern--doesn't happen every login, but when it does, it's difficult to "get rid of."



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 09:23PM by DoJnD http://ift.tt/2CoDGLH

No comments:

Post a Comment