Sunday 31 December 2017

Had a blackscreen crash, and now PC blackscreens at startup

I was playing some Path of Exile when I noticed some glitchy things happening on my screens (use two monitors, both would flicker at the same time, hard to describe what I saw but it was like the images on screen would go on and off rapidly, with clear horizontal lines of this flickering going on. These events would last about 0.4 seconds and then everything would return to normal, until it would happen again about 30-60 seconds later. Hope someone somehow understands that...)

I didn't know what to make of it so I fiddled around with some of the other stuff I had running (browser tabs, steam open) and it seemed like it stopped. About an hour or so later, while just chatting with someone on steam (PoE still running) I just got an abrupt Black Screen, computer was still running, but I couldn't hear anything, ctrl alt del, alt tab, and all that stuff wasn't doing anything, so I let it sit for about 5 minutes before I decided to turn off the computer without a proper shut down.

When I went to reload it, I would see the initial loading screen logo and whatnot, but eventually my main monitor would just say, "no signal" and they would both just sit there black screened, and I just let it sit there for several minutes. I turned it off and tried again, and it happened again. This second time I after I let it sit there on the black screen for a while, the computer actually just powered off itself after a few minutes...

Thanks for any help ahead of time... This is a real bummer.



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 05:54PM by GreyWolfx http://ift.tt/2CtsOKb

No comments:

Post a Comment