Sunday 31 December 2017

GPU not detected but fans spinning, able to display through HDMI port but not install drivers- I'm losing my mind...

I have an issue which has come out of nowhere. Yesterday I moved my PC around the house and all of a sudden my Sapphire 7950 GPU isn't being detected by the computer- not in device manager, not by AMD drivers and not in BIOS. I have tried everything- reseating and cleaning the connectors, changing cables, resetting CMOS on motherboard, reseating every other component, changing power supplies and applying new thermal paste after disassembly. I have narrowed the issue down to the GPU or motherboard, but my motherboard is showing no signs of trouble. The GPU fans spin at a low speed on boot as normal, but it just isn't detected by anything. Occasionally it would show after I uninstalled drivers but would soon disappear after a reboot. Is this a dead card? It's 4 years old but has been kept cool during its lifetime (70 celsius max). What can I do to fix this before I write it off? Thanks.

Specs-

Intel i5-3570

Sapphire 7950 Boost edition

8GB DDR3 RAM

ASUS H61M-K Motherboard

Corsair CX600 PSU



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 07:49PM by gpunotdetectedhelp http://ift.tt/2CqqDcy

No comments:

Post a Comment