Sunday 31 December 2017

VueScan gives a thin grey line down image

Trying to scan some old drawings, and every time VueScan gives a thin line (5 pixels wide) down the middle of the image. The line is exactly in the middle, not slightly to one side, exactly in the middle by the pixel. It looks like someone took a ruler and pencil and drew a line down the middle of all the pictures. It really ruins them.

I scanned some in a couple of weeks ago and they were fine, and neither the scanner or VueScan have been touched since so I don't understand.

Every result on Google is just about cleaning all the specs off, I did it anyway even though I didn't think this was the problem, and it made no difference.

My scanner (Epson Perfection 1250) isn't compatible with my OS (Windows 8.1) which is why I have to use VueScan. I have a spare XP computer which can use it properly, and the line isn't there which makes me thing it's some setting in VueScan, however the colour and contrast is all off on XP and I can't make sense of any of their settings to correct it so I'd rather just use VueScan on my own computer.

Anybody know?



Submitted January 01, 2018 at 07:17AM by TheBazulator http://ift.tt/2CwYLkV

No comments:

Post a Comment