Sunday 31 December 2017

DC power jack for laptop is burnt

I own a Gigabyte p55 laptop, and the past few months I have had charging issues. The laptop would randomly stop charging for about a second, then resume charging. This happened almost exclusively while gaming, but lower settings to the minimum didn't work, so I assumed it was a power issue inside of my laptop. Additionally I have had the "plugged in not charging" issues (Windows 10). I used my brothers charger because he has the same laptop and that didn't solve anything. I then opened up my laptop, and sure enough one if the cables were fried on the end. Here is pics http://ift.tt/2CnEyQV

I've searched everywhere for this part online and with no solution. What can I do? I'm a broke college student so going to a repair shop is my last option. These cables for other laptops are less than 10 dollars online, but I can't find mine. Would another brands cables work? Any and all advice is appreciated. P.S. for the "plugged in not charging" issue I've done other troubleshooting like updating drivers.



Submitted January 01, 2018 at 09:56AM by Lord_Charlemagne http://ift.tt/2C7HZaZ

No comments:

Post a Comment