Saturday 30 December 2017

Formatted my hard drive

My external hdd died (the adapter anyway) so I stuck the drive in my tower. It works, but it was unallocated. I tried a few free versions of some Data Recovery software but to get any of them to target my drive I had to format it so it could be recognized. After running them they just seem to see some basic files that stay with the drive. PDFs of user manuals and such.

I keep reading, however, that formatting a drive only deletes the address tables and marks the data as ready for deletion, but doesn't actually delete anything yet. So the data should still be there right? I haven't put anything in the drive yet, and it shows up empty when I navigate to it (doesn't even show those PDFs).

I did look around the sub and tried some suggestions but so far no luck.

Is there a way I can get my data back?



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 01:29AM by motrous http://ift.tt/2CrKy8J

No comments:

Post a Comment