Sunday 31 December 2017

PC restarts upon shutdown and WiFi adapter is nonexistent

Product Name: HP Envy 700-074 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) RE: HP Forums - PC restarts upon shutdown and WiFi adapter is nonexistent

I'm not sure if it's an HP issue, Windows issue or hardware issue.

I have tried everything within my understanding to stop my PC from turning back on a few seconds after I shutdown.

The problem started months ago and I got so fed up that I left it alone until now.

Steps I have taken:

Turned off automatic restart upon system failure Disabled fast-startup Restored to 1/1/17 Upddated Windows 10 Updated Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller I don't know what else I can do really.

In addition to this, my Ralink Wi-Fi Adapter is completely missing. It doesn't show up in Device Manager. My Desktop asks for an ethernet connection.

In Windows > Settings > Network & Internet there is no left-hand tab for Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi simply does not exist.

I'm wondering if this is causing the automatic reboot.

I don't know what driver I need to download to get my Wi-Fi adapter back. I know it might be an issue with the card, and I am open to buying a usb adapter. I am more concerned with my Desktop acting as thought it's possessed by a ghost.



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 01:56PM by K_Rizz http://ift.tt/2lwxpmA

No comments:

Post a Comment