Saturday 30 December 2017

Safe / Secure Way to Discard of old Flash Drives and External Hard Drives

I am about to consolidate all of my old flash drives, SD cards, and external hard drives into one singular 8TB external hard drive.

I have no interest in keeping my old drives as they will be obsolete for myself, and time will only degrade their integrity onward, so keeping them is pointless.

My first choice would be to use a Data Shredder on the external hard drives (2TB and 3TB) and sell them on eBay. Not looking for much, but that money would go straight into the 8TB I am about to buy.

Obviously, I do not want anyone to be able to retrieve my information from them.

If this is not an option, how can I destroy them properly? Do I need fire? Magnets?



Submitted December 30, 2017 at 09:16PM by WallaceTRUMP http://ift.tt/2lnJ73U

No comments:

Post a Comment