Sunday 31 December 2017

RAM commit size ridiculously high and not accounted for by commits of visible processes

I am struggling with a ridiculously high amount of committed memory. I have a limit of 74 GB committed memory, out of which 65 are committed after some time of running the computer. Even when I close most of the processes, it doesn't drop in any significant way. The Process tab is set to show processes from all users and the amount of committed memory of the active processes doesn't even come close to the Commit (GB) number. I would say it barely exceeds 4 GB.

Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 i7-3930k, 64 GB RAM, GTX 1070 GPU

This typically happens after a while of running the computer and using a wide variety of programs. Even when I close those programs, the memory is still in use/committed and not accounted for by the "Commit" column of any process in Task Manager.

I don't understand what is happening here at all and this forces me to restart my computer rather regularly, which is annoying. I searched many articles about this, but basically all of them say that I should check the commit-column in Task Manager, which shows a handful of processes, the highest one taking maybe 300 MB (I did make sure to active the display of processes from all users with that Admin-icon). This is ridiculous.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that will be much appreciated.



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 08:23PM by PMmeYOURrareCONTENT http://ift.tt/2Eq1w7R

No comments:

Post a Comment