Sunday 31 December 2017

Windows 10 fails to resume from long period of sleep and laptop turns fan on at far lower CPU temperatures

About three days ago I updated windows 10 on my lenovo yoga 12. Everything appeared to go smoothly, and everything worked fine.

Then, about two days ago, when resuming from sleep for the first time since the update, Windows 10 fails to resume from sleep, and if I attempt to start it from the menu windows will then BSOD and get stuck in a boot loop. The computer loads just fine if I do a cold boot.

The first time this happened I didn't think much of it, I had put it to sleep while running a very old and highly unstable program, so I thought that probably caused the BSOD.

The second time this happened, I restarted the machine right away (never getting a "true" BSOD). Everything still works but now my laptop will run the fans even at relatively cool CPU temps (it appears to like turning on the fans at around 30 degrees Celsius), which it never used to do.

I have since started avoiding putting the computer to sleep while I try and fix the problem, but I'm at my wit's end. I've used Lenovo's automatic driver update tool to no avail as well as manually installing a few other relevant drivers they provided. A system restore has failed to fix either issue as well.



Submitted December 31, 2017 at 09:52PM by mimmimmim http://ift.tt/2EjsVse

No comments:

Post a Comment