Sunday 31 December 2017

Direct all web traffic through D-Link DIR-819 to a specific IP address

I am having a hard time coming up with a solution for my problem. I am working on a project where I am making an intranet for a remote camp. This intranet provides a set of services through an app I have written in Node. Right now I am using DHCP reservation to make sure that the device always answers on a specific IP address. What I would like to do - instead of telling users to type an IP address in their browser - is have users be able to type in something like remote.somewebsite.com into the browser while connected to this wifi network and be brought to my app. I am technically capable but the networking stuff is outside of my wheelhouse and I not sure where to start with this. All my research so far points to "hacking tools" but I am hoping I can configure this on the router and save myself having to go down a rabbit hole that is secondary to my main objective - I am presenting my remote solution at a trade show at the end of February and have lots of software to write still. Any suggestions about how I could approach solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. And yes this is the first post on a new Reddit account... someone was able to link my old username to my real-world identity and I nuked it #truestory

Thanks for any input!

Edit: spelling correction



Submitted January 01, 2018 at 01:28AM by andiforbut http://ift.tt/2C2Nbg9

No comments:

Post a Comment