Sunday 31 December 2017

After having forced to leaving a brand new Ryzen build in storage for a month it's not functioning properly

Long story short I had to go away for a few months and before I left I had just finished building a beautiful Ryzen rig and had everything functioning properly.

I come back, put my setup back together on my desk only to find red lights on the MOBO.

Okay, it's only the CPU light that is atleast a good sign , right ? WRONG.

Turns out yes the CPU was damaged (bent pins) so I spent the last of my monry on a brand new Ryzen 5 1600. It was a bittersweet moment as my previous one was a 1500X so I was essentially getting myself an upgrade , but after safely installing the CPU ALL fucking lights turn on EXCEPT for the CPU.

What the FUCK HAPPENED IN THAT STORAGE ROOM? These are all goddamn new parts. Every last part is new except the power supply which didn't need upgrading cuz the one I had before was way OP and still is for this build

Yes, I took everything apart and put it back together, yes I cleared CMOS.

Pictures: http://ift.tt/2CiaHdt



Submitted January 01, 2018 at 02:53AM by KratomCofee http://ift.tt/2zUCL0j

No comments:

Post a Comment