Friday 20 April 2018

Renaming USB Midi Controller

Hi,

I am currently trying to use a MIDI USB Controller (Pioneer DDJ-S1) for Pioneers own software (Rekordbox). Unfortunately you can not use this controller on their software. You can however map everything using a CSV file, except for the jog wheels.

Since the DDJ-SX basically has the same input values as the DDJ-S1 I would like to rename the controller on my Windows machine to DDJ-SX instead of DDJ-S1. (Apparently on MacOS it is fairly easy to rename it.)

Things that I have tried:

  • Renaming the controller in Regedit
  • Tried looking for a driver (.inf) to rename but it doesn't seem to exist, the pioneer website only offers .exe which I tried to extract but still wouldn't give me an .inf file
  • Tried looking into wdma_usb.inf but could only find a "generic windows driver"

I was thinking of making a MIDI > MIDI loop using some sort of software. Basically sending the inputs through another virtual MIDI controller which you could rename. I am not sure if there's software available for this so I'm curious if you guys have any ideas.

I know it's a long shot but this is my last chance to get it working.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I am aware of this article, The jogwheels still don't work since you have to rename it



Submitted April 20, 2018 at 01:09PM by Plexcon https://ift.tt/2qN6kyj

No comments:

Post a Comment