Saturday 28 April 2018

Android devices no longer detecting Win10 Desktop.

Up until a few days ago, I used the android apps "ES File Explorer" and "aWARemote" to browse my desktop and control Winamp media player, respectively.

Now, the desktop doesn't show up in my device list when scanning the network, and the aWARemote server from the desktop isn't detected through the app.

The desktop is connected to the modem via ethernet cable, but again, this was no problem until a few days ago.

Network Sharing settings are the same as my wireless laptop, which my devices pick up with no issue. All suggestions are appreciated!

Solution: Went the nuclear route, cleared all devices from the AT&T modem settings and rebooted the modem itself. Both android devices ended up getting new IPs and can now detect both the dekstop + laptop.



Submitted April 29, 2018 at 02:24AM by kaitero https://ift.tt/2HXy6CH

No comments:

Post a Comment